Military Personnel Analytics
Acquire, train, distribute and retain military personnel to meet a broad spectrum of mission needs
" We must avoid our historical pattern of drawing down too fast and getting too small, especially since our record of predicting the future has not been very good. As we make difficult resource decisions, we must be thoughtful in understanding the risk we incur to our nation's future security."
— General Raymond Odierno, United States Senate Armed Services Committee Confirmation Hearing, July 21, 2011
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides a comprehensive military personnel solution to meet the full range of force readiness and mission requirements. We approach the problem by providing software and services to help you:
- Ensure data accuracy in a timely manner. SAS provides data management across disparate systems and platforms by integrating data quality within data integration and analytic projects. Transform, combine and standardize disparate data to create a strategic, trustworthy and valuable asset that enhances personnel decision making.
- Sustain proper force size and capability. Understand current and future force manning requirements and forecast demand based on changing force structure requirements, skill needs and service end strengths. Forecast recruiting mission fulfillment based on historic trends, regional demographics and economic variables.
- Understand social perceptions of recruiting messages. SAS uses popular social media to provide insights on prospects that are likely to serve, allowing recruiters to increase recruiting response rates, minimize low-yield contacts and evaluate messaging effectiveness in a timelier manner.
- Reduce training costs by maximizing training resource utilization. Gain insights into factors contributing to successful completion of the training program and identify individuals at higher risk of attrition earlier in the training cycle.
- Retain top performers and anticipate career path adjustments. Career path modeling and factor analysis provide insight as to which programs and benefits foster force retention.
How SAS® Is Different
Since 1976, SAS has used advanced computational statistics to identify anomalies/trends and predict outcomes to solve complex numerical-based problems. With mission-focused user experiences, those complex algorithms are applied to data management, forecasting and modeling solutions for the military personnel community.
- Superb data management. SAS allows users to cleanse, standardize and consolidate data for a holistic view of the total force.
- Scale across multiple data sets. SAS software’s ability to handle huge volumes is unsurpassed by our competitors. Customers with massive amounts of data rely on the ability of SAS to scale with their missions.
- Predictive analytics and forecasting leadership. SAS predictive analytics and data mining software are recognized by our customers and industry analysts as best-in-class. We continue to push the boundaries on different ways to approach problems that take our users and their organizations to the next level of analytic insight.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Social Media Analytics
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
SAS provides an integrated environment of solutions, tools, methodologies and workflows that enables organizations to manage big data as a valued asset, driving both core operational processes and strategic decision making. With these data management capabilities, organizations can make full use of all incoming data to uncover hidden insights and increase competitive edge.
The breadth of SAS DataFlux technologies helps organizations lower costs, increase efficiency and productivity, and provide measurable value. High-performance, scalable solutions ensure that organizations can successfully complete the most demanding data integration, data management and data governance projects.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Social Media Analytics
SAS Social Media Analytics is an enterprise-hosted, on-demand solution that integrates, archives, analyzes and enables organizations to act on intelligence gleaned from online conversations on professional and consumer-generated media sites. It enables you to attribute online conversations to specific parts of your business, allowing accelerated responses to marketplace shifts.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.