Predictive Logistics Optimization
Improve mission readiness and optimize resources
The changing realities of warfare, increasing world instability and mounting fiscal pressure are now compelling military leaders to achieve even greater agility.
Success with SAS®
A coalition partner uses SAS to improve the management, planning and tracking of all its supplies to sites around the globe. This speeds up the flow through the supply chain and provides the front line with improved knowledge and confidence on the arrival of supplies and equipment.
How SAS® Can Help
While the logistics matrix involves many stakeholders and moving parts, SAS can show you how to make the most of your current information assets and remain flexible to take advantage of the promise that future systems will offer. SAS makes it possible to optimize and synchronize the logistics matrix with software and services that help you:
- Give leadership a full view of the global supply chain and match requirements to available stock across services by easily accessing, integrating and transforming data scattered in multiple legacy and ERP systems all over the world.
- Accurately identify projected shortages at supply nodes before they occur so you can fix issues in the planning rather than operational stage using advanced predictive analytics to run models with millions of variables and constraints with no lag time.
- Create, explore and compare various courses of action to facilitate rapid response to changing requirements and minimize costs through the optimization of the supply chain and transportation network.
- Share plans throughout the chain of command by enabling defense leaders to access critical information where and when needed, in their preferred format, so they can understand available courses of action and proactively make the right choice.
SAS' integrated solutions can also be used to improve effectiveness in predictive maintenance, sustainment, early warning and reliability analysis, etc. – to improve warfighter readiness both today and in the future.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS offers a complete logistics and supply chain optimization solution on the massive scale required by defense organizations. Based on a proven platform that lets you derive the most value possible from legacy systems, SAS' integrated software solutions deliver:
- Rapid, phased implementation. SAS modules and components are prebuilt and thoroughly tested. This, coupled with our phased implementation methodology based on best practices, can get you up and running in a matter of months.
- Scalability. No matter how many variables or constraints, nor how far into the future you project, SAS can scale to fit the expanding defense needs for the long term.
- World-class analytics. Only SAS can integrate all relevant information scattered throughout operational and transactional systems and then analyze every aspect of the extended supply chain to create a global view that provides intelligent insight.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Business Analytics
To lead your organization in today’s challenging economic climate, you need fact-based answers that you and others can believe in. Traditional approaches to decision support have not yielded optimal results. SAS provides the world’s best analytics embedded in a framework that supports the entire decision making process. This helps our customers find answers to immediate business issues and implement their visions for the future.
SAS Data Integration forms the solid foundation needed to support your enterprise information management needs. It provides capabilities for enterprise data access and processing across systems and platforms; integrated data quality, which is critical to producing accurate, consistent information; and an interactive, visual data integration development environment that enables collaboration and easy reusability, all with a single point of IT administration.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.