Predictive Asset Maintenance and Prognostics
Make condition-based maintenance, reliability-centered maintenance and predictive asset maintenance realities
How SAS® Can Help
Maintenance and logistics data is a gold mine of information. Sifting through the mountains of data and making sense out of it, though, is a real challenge. Running reports and looking at the past don't give you much foresight or allow you to make accurate predictions and avoid potential crises that can negatively affect fleet readiness.
SAS has helped commercial industry transform maintenance and service strategies from reactive and preventive to proactive and predictive. We did this by identifying emerging reliability issues early, cutting the cost of failure, increasing availability and reducing downtime and lifecycle costs.
SAS can help make condition-based maintenance, reliability-centered maintenance and predictive asset maintenance realities in military operations by helping you:
- Integrate and decode huge volumes of data from multiple sources – maintenance systems, parts requisitions, supply systems, log books, field service technician comments, embedded sensors, etc. – into a single data source that is optimized for reliability, data analysis, tracking and reporting.
- Transform data into a more usable format by automatically categorizing and separating text and analyzing relationships among isolated failures to find patterns and anomalies – without manual intervention.
- Analyze maintenance and logistics data, and send prioritized alerts to the appropriate people using automated maintenance- and reliability-specific predictive analytics to surface emerging issues, uncover potential problems and determine their root causes.
- Empower problem solvers with easy reporting functions that let them access critical information in a format they can understand without being experts in statistics.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS provides a true maintenance analytics solution that can detect emerging issues before they become costly, high-impact problems. We do this through: detection (identify the problem early on); prioritization (put the problem into perspective, calculate its scale and the impact of inaction); and definition (determine the problem’s root cause and correct it).
SAS has proven repeatedly that it can solve the most complex logistics problems through:
- Interoperability: SAS software integrates with current legacy environments as well as newer ERP systems.
- Scalability: SAS demonstrates an ability not only to manage, but also optimize the enormous amounts of data prevalent throughout defense organizations – and do so quickly.
- Experience: With deep experience in many industries – banking, manufacturing, health care and life sciences to name a few – SAS brings tested best practices that yield positive results.
- Commitment: SAS exercises a strong and continuing commitment to research and development, education and support for SAS customers and their most complex business problems.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
- SAS® Analytics
- SAS® Warranty Analysis
- SAS® Service Parts Optimization
- Data Integration
- Predictive Analytics and Data Mining
- SAS® Text Analytics
- SAS® Demand-Driven Forecasting
- SAS® Forecasting for SAP APO
SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance helps organizations to accurately predict events that could cause outages and to run their assets at peak performance. The solution uses data integration, automation, analysis and predictive analytics to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and the risk of revenue loss.
SAS Analytics provides an integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation, experimental design and more. From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster.
SAS® Warranty Analysis
SAS Warranty Analysis integrates warranty and other data with key customer, product and geographic information so organizations can accelerate detection and reduce time to correction. SAS Warranty Analysis lowers warranty costs and increases customer satisfaction, enabling you to improve product quality and your brand reputation.
SAS® Service Parts Optimization
SAS Service Parts Optimization provides service organizations the ability to forecast parts demand and optimize parts inventory, helping them maintain adequate stock levels and optimal response times. It enables organizations to achieve the universal service goal: to reduce inventory costs while improving customer satisfaction.
SAS Data Integration forms the solid foundation needed to support your enterprise information management needs. It provides capabilities for enterprise data access and processing across systems and platforms; integrated data quality, which is critical to producing accurate, consistent information; and an interactive, visual data integration development environment that enables collaboration and easy reusability, all with a single point of IT administration.
Predictive Analytics and Data Mining
Today's organizations accumulate huge volumes of data from a variety of sources on a daily basis. However, turning increasingly large amounts of data into useful insights and finding how to better utilize those insights in decision making remains a challenge for most.
To get answers to complex questions and gain an edge in today's marketplace requires powerful, multipurpose predictive analytic solutions so you can learn from, utilize and improve on knowledge gained from vast stores of data. SAS provides a wide range of software for exploring and analyzing data to help uncover unknown patterns, opportunities and insights that can drive proactive, evidence-based decision making within your organization.
SAS® Text Analytics
SAS Text Analytics help organizations address many big data issues that arise from unstructured content by applying linguistic rules and statistical methods to automatically assess, analyze and act upon the insight buried in electronic text – such as social media content, call center logs, survey data, email, loan applications, service notes, and insurance or warranty claims.
SAS helps you incorporate these insights to create new metadata for search and document retrieval relevancy and to improve predictive accuracy, provide greater understanding to organizational reports and streamline business priorities – driving proactive, evidence-based business decisions.
SAS® Demand-Driven Forecasting
SAS Demand-Driven Forecasting drives the development of the consensus forecast in conjunction with the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process. Combining the power of automation, analytics and workflow, it generates the most unbiased and accurate consensus forecast on a large-scale basis.
SAS® Forecasting for SAP APO
SAS Forecasting for SAP APO provides organizations ideal demand forecasting and planning by combining superior SAS forecasting with the strength of SAP Advanced Planning & Optimization (SAP APO) planning capabilities. By seamlessly integrating SAS’ award-winning analytics with the SAP APO Demand Planning module, the solution helps you enrich your demand planning process with powerful, yet easy-to-use forecasting functionality, thus transforming your organization from one that simply reacts to one that is proactive.
"SAS Forecasting for SAP APO enables an easier assessment and improvement of forecasting results for companies that have implemented SAP APO for Supply Chain Management. Whereas most companies only define demand profiles and forecasting algorithms in the initial implementation, with SAS, you can define them continually throughout the product and market life cycles, simplifying and continuously improving the forecasting process – leading to sustained success."
—Frode Huse Gjendem
Senior Executive, Supply Chain Practice
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.