Longitudinal Data Systems
Unify student data from preschool through postgrad and into the work force
To address these challenges, states can merge the vast amounts of student data from the disconnected levels of public and even private education – culminating in the development of a data-rich, state-specific longitudinal data system (LDS) that integrates relevant data about a student's education from preschool through graduate school or actual entry into the work force.
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides a single, integrated view of student data statewide, with embedded metadata and data quality techniques that ensure clean, standardized data. SAS also helps you integrate with existing IT infrastructures to smooth the flow of information across departments and functions. With SAS, you can:
- Integrate data, improve data quality and manage metadata. Regardless of source or format, SAS lets you access and consolidate all your data and apply embedded data quality techniques to cleanse and standardize it in a central location. A single, shared metadata server gives you access to shared metadata, business rules, data and security definitions throughout the system.
- Use predictive analytics to identify current and future trends for better decision making. In a single integrated environment, SAS offers an analytics suite of solutions that is unmatched in the industry and provides consistent metadata throughout all data and analytical processes.
- Equip all decision makers with secure self-service reporting. Users at all levels have secure self-service access to the information they need, in the format they need, at the time they need it. Interactive reports enable multiple views of data to support the data manipulation needs of different users.
How SAS® Is Different
At SAS, we understand that the right intelligence can put the right resources in the right place when they are needed and not after the fact.
- Seamless data integration and superior advanced analytics. Based on decades of customer feedback, SAS software's ability to consolidate data regardless of its native database or platform and award-winning analytics sets it apart from other solutions.
- Unmatched metadata management. SAS provides an open metadata structure that retains and tracks metadata across data sources to speed integration projects, simplify design and reduce maintenance costs.
- A customizable, end-to-end solution. Using SAS, education customers have an iterative, customized approach to meet their institutions' growing needs for data, reporting and analytics.
- Stability. In business since 1976, SAS has a solid track record as a reliable partner with steady profit growth that will provide ongoing support no matter how your needs grow and change.
- R&D investment and a commitment to education. SAS is committed to partnering with education to deliver software and services for academics and administration. SAS R&D is consistently developing new products and services to meet the specific needs of current and future education customers.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Visual Analytics
- The SAS® Enterprise Intelligence Suite for Education
- Data Integration
- SAS® Analytics
- SAS® Business Intelligence
- Metadata Management
SAS® Visual Analytics
Explore all your data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the Web and tablet devices.
The SAS® Enterprise Intelligence Suite for Education
Provides a bundle of solutions for data management, reporting and analytics priced and packaged specifically for education.
SAS Data Integration forms the solid foundation needed to support your enterprise information management needs. From within a single point of administration, it provides capabilities for:
- Enterprise data access and processing across systems and platforms.
- Integrated data quality, which is critical to producing accurate, consistent information.
- Comprehensive data governance programs that enhance the success of your data-centric goals.
- An interactive, visual data integration development environment that enables collaboration and easy reusability.
SAS Analytics provides an integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation, experimental design and more. From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster.
SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence gives you the information you need, when you need it, in the right format. By integrating data from across your enterprise and delivering self-service reporting and analysis, IT spends less time responding to requests and business users spend less time looking for information. SAS Business Intelligence also offers an integrated, robust and flexible presentation layer for the full breadth of SAS Analytics capabilities, including statistics, predictive analytics, data and text mining, forecasting, and optimization – all integrated within the business context for better, faster decision making.
To meet the reporting needs of smaller organizations, SAS offers solutions geared specifically for small and midsize businesses. Discover how SAS can help.
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server provides an open enterprise metadata structure that retains and tracks technical, business and administrative metadata, and aids in developing data integration processes. Metadata is stored and managed in a way that leverages and facilitates reuse of existing table definitions, business rules and more. Navigational tools help users understand how the data was derived and where it is stored and used.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.