Enterprise Information Technology
Support critical, more complex decision making across the university
" "By creating the data mart and standardizing on SAS tools, we have started to make our data available, interconnected and usable. Now, for the first time, we can see across the entire university – and start to find relationships among all types of different information.""
— Marc Hoit
Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and CIO at North Carolina State University
How SAS® Can Help
SAS offers higher education a powerful and flexible business analytics framework that includes data management, advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions combined with visual analytics so that institutional stakeholders can make more informed, enterprisewide decisions:
- Make better use of IT resources managing data. Standardize the approach to managing and providing access to data – and eliminate the need for countless hours of gathering data from disparate systems and standardizing in spreadsheets or other formats.
- Democratize data analysis. With accurate data and SAS advanced analytics tools at decision makers' fingertips, they can gain better insights through analysis of cross-departmental data to gain deeper insight and make more informed institutional decisions.
Provide self-sufficient reporting and analytics. Business intelligence and visual analytics from SAS provide transparency, aid data-driven decision making and allow tracking and measurement of performance. Users can get prebuilt and ad hoc reports, scorecards and dashboards quickly from a self-service Web portal and take advantage of powerful visual analytics with drill-down capabilities to explore data and surface it to mobile platforms.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS is able to consolidate, cleanse and analyze vast amounts of raw data, turning it into usable insight. It allows you to bring together data on students, finances, human resources, facilities, etc. to provide a holistic view of your organization so everyone can make informed, proactive decisions. The result is an information flow that transcends disparate silos, diverse computing platforms and niche tools. Only SAS offers:
- A single platform. SAS' ability to consolidate data regardless of its native database or platform and award-winning analytics sets it apart. SAS offers a single, standardized business analytics platform for simplified operations to standardize and reduce support costs.
- Scalability. Once your business analytics foundation is in place, each area of the university can be addressed based on the institution's available resources and timeline. And you can choose how to deploy: in public or private clouds, hosted by SAS, or via on-premises software.
- Commitment to education. Starting in 1976 as a research project at North Carolina State University, SAS has remained committed to partnering with education to deliver software and services for academics and administration. We continue to offer unique and sustainable fees and packaging to the education market.
A stable partner. As a privately held company, SAS has a solid track record as a trusted, reliable partner with steady profit growth that will provide ongoing support as your needs grow and change in administration, teaching and research.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
SAS provides an integrated environment of solutions, tools, methodologies and workflows that enables organizations to manage big data as a valued asset, driving both core operational processes and strategic decision making. With these data management capabilities, organizations can make full use of all incoming data to uncover hidden insights and increase competitive edge.
The breadth of SAS DataFlux technologies helps organizations lower costs, increase efficiency and productivity, and provide measurable value. High-performance, scalable solutions ensure that organizations can successfully complete the most demanding data integration, data management and data governance projects.
SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence gives you the information you need, when you need it, in the right format. By integrating data from across your enterprise and delivering self-service reporting and analysis, IT spends less time responding to requests and business users spend less time looking for information. SAS Business Intelligence also offers an integrated, robust and flexible presentation layer for the full breadth of SAS Analytics capabilities, including statistics, predictive analytics, data and text mining, forecasting, and optimization – all integrated within the business context for better, faster decision making.
SAS® Visual Analytics
Explore all your data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the Web and tablet devices.
SAS Analytics provides an integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation, experimental design and more. From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.