" Few vendors are positioned to provide a holistic, multichannel audience data management solution to clients. … All these players are working either directly or indirectly to use, aggregate, and package TV audience data for better TV audience targeting."
— Srividya Sridharan, Forrester Research Inc.
It's Time to Bridge the Audience Data Management Divide May 15, 2012
How SAS® Can Help
SAS offers retrospective and proactive insight using analytics to empower organizations to reliably forecast and predict future audience behavior. We provide software and services to help you:
- Gain the most valuable customer experience and marketing insights by allowing you to use audience insights from return path data for up-sell and cross-sell, packaging optimization and fostering engagement. Predictive modeling and optimization provide guidance for the best use of your marketing budget to increase viewership.
- Produce the most accurate programming insights by applying advanced analytics – such as data mining, forecasting and optimization – to actual viewership data derived from return path data and other relevant data sources. The results of the analysis can be used to identify targets for new and existing programming and produce tier 1 and 2 viewer insights with more precision and accuracy.
- Obtain the most complete and accurate information to power your advertising strategies by applying advanced segmentation, forecasting and optimization techniques to return path and customer data.
- Use actual audience viewership (versus inaccurate sampling approaches) to provide a more accurate picture of your audience to aid in carriage negotiations.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS provides insights to support integrated business decision making. Using a single data management environment can help you gain full access to clean, trusted return path data, regardless of platform or location. SAS enables you to:
- Extract value from data using approachable analytics, data visualization and reporting. Our solution enables you to deliver intelligence through the Web, mobile devices and Microsoft Office applications.
- Incorporate advanced analytics, such as predictive modeling, to identify customers with an affinity for a new show or advertisement, enabling you to optimize your marketing and advertising spending. You can also use forecasting to determine your audience across networks, shows, time slots, etc.
- Target relevant offers and content to the right customers while optimizing your interactions based on constraints, budget and capacity.
From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Data Management Advanced
- SAS® Customer Analytics for Communications
- SAS® Visual Analytics
- SAS® Forecast Server
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Data Management Advanced
Organizations struggle daily with the challenges of large distributed data volumes, inconsistently defined data across systems and the high expectations of data consumers who depend on information to be correct, complete and available when they need it. SAS Data Management Advanced provides a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution that enables organizations to solve these challenges in a timely, cost-effective manner.
SAS Data Management Advanced enables you to manage virtually all data sources (including big data); extract, cleanse, transform, aggregate, load and govern data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Customer Analytics for Communications
SAS® Customer Analytics for Communications illuminates complex behavior patterns that are hidden in large volumes of data spread across multiple systems. It alerts you to customers who are likely to purchase a new product or upgrade service, customers who are likely to leave and customers who should be targeted in a campaign.
SAS® Visual Analytics
No matter the size of your organization – or your data – with SAS Visual Analytics you can explore all relevant data quickly and easily. Now you can look at more options, uncover hidden opportunities, identify key relationships and make more precise decisions to drive success faster than ever before. Self-service, ad hoc visual data discovery and exploration put lightning fast insights within everyone's reach.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities allow transactional data to be converted to a time series format and forecast, all in one step, or the converted data can be fed into a forecasting data mart as part of an overall data-processing function. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources. And the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.