Big data is creating big demand for analytics professionals. Here's your chance to be recognized by the analytics community for your work. Poster presentations provide an excellent
opportunity for analytics practitioners to present their projects in a one-to-one setting and interact with other professionals in the field.
Educating and training the workforce is vital to meeting the demand for those skilled in analytics. Students are strongly encouraged to submit poster abstracts and to participate in the Student
Poster Contest. Analytics 2014 provides the opportunity for students to showcase their work and receive feedback from analytics leaders.
The Analytics 2014 Poster Session is open to all analytics practitioners - from corporate or academic fields.
View the list of posters presented at Analytics 2013
General Poster Submission Guidelines
- To participate, you must submit a poster abstract no later than September 5, 2014.
Abstracts must be 250 words or less and should include a description of how you have used analytics to improve your processes and/or analyze your work.
- Your poster should include your problem/research goal and show the application of analytics methodology.
You must be able to document the steps and show your results.
- The content of the poster must be either a business application, a class assignment (non-research), or a research project.
- SAS will provide a display board and a header denoting the poster title and author.
SAS will print the header and poster for display at the conference.
Further instructions and specifications for poster presentations will be provided when your abstract is accepted.
- Poster presentations accepted from academia (faculty and full-time students) will allow the primary presenter to attend the conference free. You must be currently enrolled in or employed by an accredited university or college to be eligible for the free conference registration. (You will be required to fax a letter with your department head's signature as verification of your affiliation.)
- Poster presentations accepted from the business world will allow the primary presenter to attend the conference at the early bird rate ($500 off the regular fee).
Student Poster Contest
The top six student poster submissions will be selected as winners of the Analytics 2014 Student Poster Contest. Winners receive a free trip to Analytics 2014 to present their research! The
award includes airfare, hotel, meals and free conference registration. You must be a full-time student at an accredited university or college to be considered. To participate in the Student
Poster Contest, abstracts must be received by September 5, 2014 and final posters must be received for judging by September 15, 2014. Read our official contest guidelines
for more information.
Student Poster Contest Submission Guidelines
- For students participating in the contest, an abstract must be submitted no later than September 5, 2014.
- If your submission is accepted, you must submit your completed poster no later than September 15, 2014 for judging.
- Posters will be judged by a committee, and applicants will be notified by September 22, 2014.