Big Data Insights
Big Data: The Basics
All Big Data Insights
- Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
- Is big data science fiction?Author Evan Stubbs examines the themes of Isaac Asimov and compares them with current big data projects around the world. His conclusion? The future of big data is now.
- What is the Internet of Things?Connecting our cars, homes, gadgets and machines to the Internet creates a network of connected objects called the Internet of Things. How can the data streaming to and from these objects be understood to benefit your organization, improve your daily routine or address society’s biggest challenges? Find out now.
- Modernize Your Approach to Big DataModernization is not just about systems and technology. In fact, technology changes can seem easy when compared with cultural change. Learn how to evolve your mind sets and leverage your data sets to accelerate knowledge throughout the organization.
- Using Hadoop as an analytics catalystLearn how to get the most out of Hadoop by developing a sound strategy for analyzing data in this new storage environment.
- Are You Late to the Big Data Party?Have you recently embraced all things big data? But only superficially? Find out what the real big data experts have been doing for the last decade. And what they're doing now with data virtualization.
- A Getting Started With Hadoop ChecklistFrom low-cost storage to distributed processing, Hadoop offers many promises. But there’s an expanding analytics ecosystem evolving around this big data platform that’s worth some study. Read our checklist and make sure you’re not overlooking anything important in your rush to get value from Hadoop.
- Big data and global developmentFind out how organiztions are using online and mobile data to make the world a better place. The United Nation's Global Pulse team defines global development and explains how big data can help improve human welfare.