Open Enrollment for North Carolina Education Cloud
The concept of the NC Ed Cloud is simple: Do everything you're used to doing, but at a reduced cost and worry-free.
SAS has worked closely with the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and local education agencies (LEAs) in North Carolina to deliver a secure business system that makes important district data accessible 24/7. Your cloud will also keep up with the latest technology changes that support growing business needs, so you don’t need to worry about the hassles related to owning and changing the technology and platform behind your own AS400 systems.
Contact us with any questions or to enroll in the NCEdCloud project.
- Secure data center that is monitored 24/7.
- Automated backups
- Hardware and OS under IBM maintenance contract.
- Secure LEA access 24/7 via VPN tunnel with dedicated SAS NCREN circuit.
- 24/7 help desk support with problem tracking system.
- Hardware/OS maintained by skilled system administrators.
- LEA local disaster recovery (hurricane, flood). Under these conditions, LEAs can use SAS supplied laptop and an office in Cary if needed for a nominal fee.
- SAS Cloud Service costs are all-inclusive and disclosed upfront.
- You won't pay for periodic, expensive upgrades of your iSeries, which would cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- No hardware or operating systems maintenance contracts needed.
- Daily savings on running system backups.
- Lower power costs and space, once your local system is decommissioned.
- Not remaining hostage to technology and platform changes. SAS will update so you don't have to worry about the hassle.
- You will save on power cost and space, once your local system is decommissioned.
- Not remaining hostage to technology, platform change, SAS will update so you don't have to worry about the hassle.
What You Don't Lose With the Cloud
When you migrate to the cloud, you still have access to and ownership of your LPAR. Your user sees no difference, and you keep administration, control and functionality of your OS and application environment. Your data, applications and performance will remain the same, and support consultants can continue to have access privileges.
Enroll now! Your neighbor has.
LEAs that have migrated to EdCloud are in green.
LEAs that have opted in are in yellow.
Still have questions?