From hacking to malware to identity theft and fraud, cyberthreats against financial and government institutions are constantly evolving. Your defenses need to evolve too.
Based on a survey of 250 banking executives, along with in-depth expert interviews, this paper looks at a variety of cybersecurity challenges and opportunities.
While the paper emphasizes the banking sector, many of the recommendations can be taken by organizations of any industry.
This paper explains:
- Why the CIO needs to treat cybersecurity as a broader risk issue rather than an IT issue.
- How to break down internal barriers between information security and business functions.
- Why improving educational efforts surrounding cybersecurity should be a top priority.
- Applying analytics to detect trends and patterns and proactively counter cyberthreats.
- Why properly managing and analyzing big data is a critical aspect of cybersecurity.