SAS UK & Ireland makes most of golden opportunity
Business analytics leader lands prestigious gold award for investment in employees
SAS UK & Ireland, the leader in business analytics, has been recognised for its commitment to employees with an Investors in People Gold award, which is given to just seven per cent of organisations across the country.
The award was for SAS UK & Ireland going above and beyond in the way it develops, supports and motivates its teams. The Gold award has been awarded to less than 700 organisations across the UK since its introduction five years ago, and celebrates those that perform beyond the core Investors in People Standard. Investors in People is the UK's leading accreditation for business improvement through people management, and provides a wealth of resources for businesses to innovate, improve and grow, with a focus on good people making great business.
Mark Wilkinson, Managing Director, SAS UK & Ireland, commented: “We are delighted with this award which recognises the importance we place on how we manage and develop employees to ensure they are part of a motivated and successful team.
“This award further reflects how SAS places great emphasis on the working environment. Earlier this year SAS UK was recognised, for the eighth time, as one of the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For by The Sunday Times. SAS was also ranked No.2 on Fortune magazine's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For in the US.”
Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said: “We’d like to congratulate SAS UK & Ireland on its Gold standard. Such a high level of accreditation is the sign of great people management practice, and demonstrates a commitment to staff development and shows an organisation committed to being the very best it can be. SAS UK & Ireland should be extremely proud of its achievement.”
An organisation can achieve Bronze, Silver or Gold status by meeting additional evidence requirements from across the Investors in People framework. To secure a Gold award, an organisation must meet a total of 165 or more different standards, including 39 core accreditation standards.
About Investors in People
- Investors in People makes people management excellence count. They exist to help businesses realise the potential of their people, improve standards and gain the accreditation to prove it.
- Through the respected Standard, business insight and the IIP bank of tools and resources, organisations of all shapes and sizes can put their people first – and discover a brighter business future.
- Over the last 20 years, IIP has helped more than 100,000 businesses around the world improve, using their Accreditation Framework to boost working culture, increase employee engagement and encourage game-changing leadership.
- Investors in People is owned and managed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, an executive non-departmental public body of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Investors in People South of England is delivered by Grant Thornton UK LLP under license from the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 75,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.