SAS® Global Forum, world's premier analytics conference, delivers big insights on analytics, big data
April 28-May 1, join 4,000+ in San Francisco or online, via Livestream and social media
The discovery of gold in California in 1848 sparked a rush that transformed raw nuggets into wealth and prosperity. Today, a different kind of mining is leading a new gold rush: Organizations and their data scientists are using analytics to mine huge stores of raw big data, transforming it into better, faster and more profitable business decisions.
It's fitting the world's premier analytics conference, SAS® Global Forum, is taking place in San Francisco next week. The city, central to the 19th century gold rush, is now gateway to Silicon Valley and the big data rush.
Two Conferences, One Theme: Strength in Numbers
SAS, the global leader in analytics (per IDC and Forrester), is hosting SAS Global Forum at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. At the user conference, 4,000 attendees from 50 countries will gather, representing more than 1,000 companies. They'll hear from business and technology leaders about how organizations are embracing analytics to create value from big data.
SAS will host an executive conference for director-level and above attendees simultaneously with the users conference. The SAS Global Forum Executive Conference takes place at the Marriott Marquis San Francisco, one block from the Moscone Center.
The theme of this year's conferences, "Strength in Numbers," will be showcased through keynotes, interactive presentations, and small-group and networking discussions on the power of analytics to transform data of all sizes.
SAS Global Forum is known for its strong lineup of keynote and customer presentations. Among this year's:
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game -- Billy Beane, General Manager, Oakland A's.
- Predictive Analytics For the Win: Data Science Meets the Quiz Show, Jeopardy! -- Roger Craig, Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions winner and CEO, Cotinga LLC.
- Y-Size Your Business -- Jason Dorsey, author of Y-Size Your Business: How Gen Y Employees Can Save You Money and Grow Your Business.
- Big Data: The Management Revolution -- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist at MIT and co-author of Race Against the Machine.
- London 2012 Olympics: Real-Time Data and Analysis -- Tim Patrick, Director of Enterprise Applications, United States Olympic Committee.
On-Site Registration Still Available
Walk-in registration is still available for the entire conference or for single-day passes (for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday). Visit the registration page for options and fees.
Experience SAS Global Forum Live on the Web
If you can't make SAS Global Forum in person, SAS will Livestream presentations from the conference via the SAS Global Forum Livestream site. The Livestreaming kicks off with Sunday night's Opening Session at 7:00 p.m. PT.
In addition to several keynotes, you can view live paper presentations by SAS customers and experts sharing tips, best practices and techniques, and tour the latest SAS technologies with SAS R&D staff via Tech Talks segments. Live reports throughout the conference will feature interviews with SAS customers and executives, and let Web viewers ask questions and interact with experts. Visit the SAS Global Forum Livestream site for the full schedule.
SAS will also Livestream the launch of its latest SAS Customer Intelligence software on Tuesday morning, April 30, at 7:30 a.m. PT. http://www.livestream.com/sasci.
Follow SAS Global Forum via Social Media
Another way to engage with SAS Global Forum speakers, experts and attendees is through social media:
- Blogs -- Read reports from sessions, view video updates and hear from SAS and customer experts on blogs.sas.com and the SAS Knowledge Exchange.
- Twitter -- Track the latest news by following @SASsoftware and the hashtags #SASGF13 for the users conference and #SASEC13 for the executive conference.
- Facebook – "Like" SAS on Facebook and receive updates.
SAS Global Forum will feature live demos of analytics software and related technology. Platinum sponsors of the conference are Accenture, HP and Teradata. See the complete list of sponsors.
Take part in the world's premier analytics software conference, either in person or online. You, too, will echo the 19th century gold miners who passed through San Francisco and today's data miners and data scientists discovering insights when you cry "Eureka!" -- I have found it! -- at SAS Global Forum.
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 80,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.