SAS Institute is once again awarded the title, "Top Employers in France"
For the third consecutive year SAS France rewarded for performance in human resources
SAS Institute announced today it is among the 39 Top Employers in France. This title, which distinguishes French companies for excellence in human resources, was awarded to SAS France for the third consecutive year.
For 20 years, the CRF Institute has identified and certified organizations that offer HR policies of excellence to their employees. The organization announced the names of 39 French Top Employers 2012 on February 9, 2012.
To measure the quality of the HR policies of applicant organizations, the HR Directorates are subjected to a questionnaire on 11 themes from, among them remuneration, working conditions, CSR6to internal communication and professional development training programs. The survey comprises 80 questions. HR departments indicate what practices are in place in their organizations, from more than 400 listed.
Responses are then double-checked, first internally by the CRF Institute and then following an external audit methodology created by the firm, Grant Thornton International.
The CRF Institute draws on the expertise of its Scientific Committee – Mr. Peretti (ESSEC), Mr. Besseyre of Horts (HEC), Mr. Thevenet (ESSEC Business School and CNAM) and M. Chaminade (Expert in Talent Management) – to accurately determine the coefficients to be assigned to each criterion according to its relative importance.
The main strengths of SAS Institute France:
- Its location – a 26-hectare, company-owned site.
- Projects focused on employee well-being – telework agreement, company daycare.
- Recovery days for participation in the Course of the Heart, which promotes organ donation (relay race for 4 days and 4 nights, from Paris to Bourg-St-Maurice), and an afternoon free blood platelets donors.
- Participation in major sporting events – in 2012, these included the New York City Marathon, Racing Heart, La Parisienne (which included charitable fundraising), and the Paris-Versailles.
- The policy of recruiting candidates representing diverse profiles and cultures who can work and think differently – ten different nationalities among the 280 employees of the French subsidiary.
- The remodeling of the informal gathering space at Castle, one of four buildings on the estate. A welcoming atmosphere featuring sofas, armchairs, high-quality coffee, etc. promotes informal exchanges in a welcoming atmosphere.
"We are delighted that this recognition again this year underscores our deep commitment to the well-being of our employees. This commitment has been at the heart of SAS' culture since it was founded in 1976 by Jim Goodnight, co-founder and CEO. As an HR policy, it allows us to integrate our commitment to employees and customers, which contributes to our growth, "says Edouard Fourcade, CEO of SAS France.
SAS has also integrated for the fifteenth consecutive year the ranking "Best Company to Work For" in FORTUNE magazine in the United States. SAS was awarded 3rd place as a reward for the quality of its services in health, childcare and balancing personal and professional life. Awards of SAS worldwide
About CRF Institute
For 20 years, the CRF Institute, present in 12 countries, has identified employers of choice through the TOP Employers label, maximizing their visibility among their target audiences. More than 2,500 organizations have been certified by the CRF Institute through 135 international projects. Website: www.topemployeurs.fr
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 75,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.