- Interview Connected consumers, IoT and what retailers need to do nowThe IoT is impacting retail, with more to come. Experts from Cisco, Intel and SAS discuss what's happening now, and what retailers need to do next.
- Article 5 IoT applications retailers are using today The Internet of Things can bring big benefits, but what is IoT and how are retailers taking advantage of it?
- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computingCognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article Taking MDM to the next frontierWhat are people talking about when it comes to the future of master data management? Evan Levy predicts the next big trends for MDM.
- Research - Third Party Tips for successful data integration modernizationOrganizations today have to capture, process and move all types of new and big data. Get some tips for data integration modernization from TDWI.
- Article Coming soon: The Industrial Internet and IoT standardsFrom smart farms to connected water meters, the IIoT party is happening – with consensus around IoT standards playing host.
- Research Unifying master data management with existing data practicesPhilip Russom, TDWI Research, gives tips for unifying MDM with other data practices
Fraud & Security
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article The online payment fraud stops hereBillions of dollars a year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Series A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a cybersecurity planThe main considerations of a foundational component of a cyber strategy: the cybersecurity plan.
- Article Advanced analytics: Helping fight international money launderingTerrorists and criminals use ages-old methods to hide the flow of money that drives their efforts. Big data and advanced analytics are helping stem the tide.
- Series Lenovo's consumer insights fuels it exceptional customer experienceConsumer insights are precious gems of information. Text mining is one important way that Lenovo is harvesting them to help create better customer experiences.
- Article Marketing for the midmarketMidsized organizations know their greatest asset is customer data. With analytics and powerful data visualization they're improving customer engagements.
- Series The value of marketing metrics at VisaMarketing metrics are the bane of many marketing teams, but at Visa metrics not only matter but make a real difference in strategy and brand value.
- Article Supercharging governance, risk and compliance with data visualizationRegulatory challenges are accelerating much-needed improvements in firms’ information management practices. Technologies implemented for governance, risk and compliance have the added advantage of driving business improvements.
- Article Attitudes toward liquidity risk have changedTo effectively manage their liquidity risk, banks will need the right strategy, solutions architecture and IT systems, and governance in place to manage the process and realize business benefits.
- Article Model risk management: Vital to regulatory and business sustainabilitySloppy model risk management can lead to failure to gain regulatory approval for capital plans, financial loss, damage to a bank's reputation and loss of shareholder value. Learn how to improve model risk management by establishing controls and guidelines to measure and address model risk at every stage of the life cycle.
- Article Should banks adopt regulations as best practices?The regulatory tsunami isn't letting up, but is there value to be gained in adopting, for instance, BCBS 239 principles?