- Article Analytic simulations: Using big data to protect the tiniest patientsAnalytic models help researchers discover the best way to care for babies in the NICU, saving lives (and millions of dollars) in the process.
- Article 5 Challenges for IoT in the insurance industryIoT promises to substantially reduce losses in the insurance industry, but adoption is low. That will change when the industry overcomes these five challenges.
- Interview Connected consumers, IoT and what retailers need to do nowThe IoT is impacting retail, with more to come. Experts from Cisco, Intel and SAS discuss what's happening now, and what retailers need to do next.
- Article 5 IoT applications retailers are using today The Internet of Things can bring big benefits, but what is IoT and how are retailers taking advantage of it?
- Article Governed analytics and discoveryTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- Article IIA research identifies barriers to business intelligence and analytics adoptionFind out what the biggest barriers are to business intelligence and analytics adoption and how to overcome them.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Research - Third Party IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- Research - Third Party How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- Article Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Article 5 ways data monetization can inform data strategyData monetization promises more than monetary returns. Anne Buff explains how monetization drives strategy for data-driven organizations.
Fraud & Security
- Article Six ways big data analytics can improve insurance claims processingWhy make analytics a part of your claims processing? Because adding analytics to the claims life cycle can deliver a measurable ROI. Just a 1 percent improvement in the loss ratio for a $1 billion insurer is worth more than $7 million on the bottom line.
- Research The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2016 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study, The State of Insurance Fraud Technology, surveyed 87 companies on their use of and plans for anti-fraud technologies, and compared results to 2012 and 2014.
- Article Reduce the hackers' advantageA 30-year national security veteran discusses escalating cyberthreats, why traditional defenses are falling short, and what’s next in security analytics.
- Article Fighting customs fraudTo spot criminals, authorities must move from rules-based systems to automated technologies. Automation will reduce costs, increase revenue and help bring more fraudsters to justice.
- Article The marketing analytics must-havesMarketing analytics will attune you to the true signals of what matters to customers as channels, technologies and data push the digital world forward.
- Article Harnessing the martech advantageMartech vendors have doubled in the past year. Find out what's fueling this growth spurt, and discover three ways to get the most value from your tech spending.
- Article Marketing attribution: Web analytics won’t work, but predictive analytics willMarketing attribution adds the science and removes the sorcery from your marketing efforts. It replaces assumptions and arbitrary models with data and analytics.
- Article R 'Ray' Wang: A conversation with a digital disruptorAnalytics Experience 2016 will host a number of influential speakers including Ray Wang, who says data is improving customer experiences in a variety of ways.
- Article IFRS 4 Phase II and Solvency II: Insurance regulation meets insurance accounting standardsIFRS and Solvency II encourage comparability and transparency from a regulatory and accounting perspective for insurers, but there are important differences.
- Article Credit risk management is the answerLending and loan volume is back up to pre-crisis levels. But banks are facing higher delinquencies as well. That's why improving credit risk management is crucial.
- Article IFRS 9 and CECL: The challenges of new financial standardsIFRS 9 and CECL will require banks to more accurately predict expected credit losses (ECLs). This will require new credit loss models based on analytics.
- Article Supercharging governance, risk and compliance with data visualizationRegulatory challenges are accelerating much-needed improvements in firms’ information management practices. Technologies implemented for governance, risk and compliance have the added advantage of driving business improvements.