- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article Your personal data scientistImagine pushing a button on your desk and asking for the latest sales forecasts the same way you might ask Siri for the weather forecast. Find out what else is possible with a combination of natural language processing and machine learning.
- Interview The scoop on HadoopCloudera co-founder Mike Olson talks trends, changes and outlines the formula for success with Hadoop.
- Article Global citizenship and the role of technologyBig data analytics is a powerful technology that can be used to improve our world. These stories illustrate how technology plays a role in global citizenship.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Bad data and the customer experienceIn a world driven by big data, it's time to ask whether you're doing enough with the data you have, and whether MDM can help you keep customers happy.
- You don't know me. Or do you?Law and medicine. Anthropology and data management. And so on. What new advances can happen when fields of study converge?
- Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Goooooal! How data stewards scoreWhen it comes to data visualization, the role a data steward plays is not so different from that of a referee. They both enforce rules, stay true to the game -- and are critical to success.
Fraud & Security
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article Using text analytics to augment intelligence gathering Text data from social media is a boon for fighting crime, terrorism and fraud. Tom Sabo explains how the military is using analytics to make sense of all that data.
- Article Bringing government procurement fraud out of the shadowsAlthough procurement fraud is often overlooked, it can leave an organization open to significant losses. And while investigations can be quite in-depth and complex, the reality is we can detect and deter procurement fraud today.
- Article Cyberanalytics: Government’s digital game of chessMoving through a network in any direction like the queen on a chessboard, cybercriminals use even the smallest bits of information they find along the way to move closer to their goals. And much like chess, knowing where a piece falls on the board isn’t helpful unless you know where all of the other pieces are, and how they got there.
- Research It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- Article The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Do marketers need real-time analyticsHow can you ensure that real-time analytics enhances your customer and marketing operations? Here are four tips for applying real-time approaches.
- How do you build loyalty with fickle online shoppers?With a roster of millions of active members, flash sale phenom Gilt seems to have found the secret to personalized digital marketing. Here’s how they do it.
- Article Even as stress testing matures, gaps in technology and coordination remainEven with significant investments in people and process improvements, a survey conducted by SAS and GARP finds that banks are not as robust and mature as they need to be in terms of their technology.
- Article Risk data infrastructure: Staying afloat on the regulatory floodWhat are the challenges of a risk data infrastructure and how can they be addressed? Here's what you need to know to build an effective enterprise risk and finance reporting warehouse.
- Intelligence Quarterly An executive perspective on risk and fraudHSBC's global risk COO on how the world’s second-largest bank uses data management, analytics and industry expertise to tackle financial crime and more.
- Article Model risk management keeps banks ahead of the regulatorsRecent regulations require executives to know more about how their organization manages risk. David Rogers from SAS explains how to get started by understanding the models that drive decisions.