- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article Your personal data scientistImagine pushing a button on your desk and asking for the latest sales forecasts the same way you might ask Siri for the weather forecast. Find out what else is possible with a combination of natural language processing and machine learning.
- Interview The scoop on HadoopCloudera co-founder Mike Olson talks trends, changes and outlines the formula for success with Hadoop.
- Interview How does one of the largest cities in the world use data for social good? From data privacy to data quality, what are the challenges in using data for social good, and how does one large organization in New York City address them? Hear from a research scientist at the Center for Innovation through Data Intelligence about the data they have, the questions they ask of it, and the data they’d like to see in the future.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Article What is a data governance framework… and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
- Interview Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
- Research Unifying master data management with existing data practicesPhilip Russom, TDWI Research, offers tips for unifying master data management with data quality and data governance.
Fraud & Security
- Research New data on the latest digital fraud trendsGet a quick, fact-filled view of what ISMG, Longitude Research and Javelin discovered in recent studies of fraud trends and anti-fraud strategies.
- Article When it matters: Safeguarding your organization from the insideWith evolving threats, fraud detection technologies have to be flexible and nimble, and automated risk detection is a crucial component of decision advantage.
- Article Improving budgets with government fraud technologyTraditional approaches based on business rules and anomaly detection are good at detecting known patterns of fraud, but they fall short in catching the more sophisticated and evolving fraud schemes we see today.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoringPrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Research It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- Article The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Article How to be cool, not creepy, with customer dataWhat concerns do retailers have regarding consumer privacy? And how are they addressing those concerns while still meeting customer needs? Find out why our panel of retail executives recommends a conservative approach to consumer privacy.
- Article The first step in building a better customer experienceIt's true that you can't build a great structure on a weak foundation. Learn what it takes to make a solid start on your data groundwork.
- Article Even as stress testing matures, gaps in technology and coordination remainEven with significant investments in people and process improvements, a survey conducted by SAS and GARP finds that banks are not as robust and mature as they need to be in terms of their technology.
- Article Risk data infrastructure: Staying afloat on the regulatory floodWhat are the challenges of a risk data infrastructure and how can they be addressed? Here's what you need to know to build an effective enterprise risk and finance reporting warehouse.
- Intelligence Quarterly An executive perspective on risk and fraudHSBC's global risk COO on how the world’s second-largest bank uses data management, analytics and industry expertise to tackle financial crime and more.
- Article Model risk management keeps banks ahead of the regulatorsRecent regulations require executives to know more about how their organization manages risk. David Rogers from SAS explains how to get started by understanding the models that drive decisions.