JMP® Clinical, JMP® Genomics enhancements speed discovery
New life sciences software versions boost efficiency, accuracy, ease of use
Analyzing data from clinical trials and genomics research becomes faster and easier this summer with new versions of JMP® Clinical and JMP Genomics. Both desktop products link interactive JMP graphics with robust statistical discovery from SAS, the leader in business analytics software and services.
JMP Clinical 4 was designed in collaboration with medical officers. The new version, scheduled for release in early August:
- Provides intuitive workflows, templates and reporting tools that make it easier for clinicians without statistical training or programming experience to analyze safety and efficacy data from clinical trials.
- Promotes collaboration between clinicians and biostatisticians through a simplified interface for sharing ad hoc reviews, safety workflows and more via email, shared folders or clinical data repositories.
- Generates configurable patient profiles and patient narratives for the Clinical Study Report required by the US Food and Drug Administration, another time-saver for medical monitors and writers.
JMP Clinical 4 supports all Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) domains for safety and efficacy reviews in clinical trials. Mark Williams, Vice President and CIO of Applied Clinical Intelligence, likes the streamlined user interface and the dynamic graphics at the heart of the software. "Outliers can easily be lost in endless statistical tables," Williams said. "JMP is excellent at surfacing outliers, which are what we're looking for in the context of clinical safety. In particular, JMP Clinical is helping us move forward into the world of clinical data standards for research."
JMP Genomics 6 builds an extensive genomic analysis toolkit on the new JMP 10 platform. Released earlier this month, it features:
- Enhanced routines for importing and normalizing data.
- New algorithms for rare variant analysis.
- Added RNA-seq workflow capabilities that boost downstream analysis of data from next-gen studies.
New tools for scientists working to improve important agronomic crops, including a new Basic Linkage Mapping Workflow that simplifies genetic linkage map construction. Linkage map construction and ordering features can now use a trusted set of framework markers.
"JMP does a good job with visual representation where other linkage mapping software tools do not. JMP Genomics is far more dynamic and interactive than other mapping programs," said Eric Jackson, PhD, Principal Scientist at General Mills in Kannapolis, NC. "Analyses that took me a week would take JMP Genomics 30 minutes. That's a big deal for my work."
JMP Genomics and JMP Clinical provide a visual approach to exploring and analyzing life sciences data on the desktop. Linking rich graphic displays with robust SAS® Analytics, these life sciences solutions speed discovery for all categories of researchers and reviewers, regardless of their statistical training or coding skills. All JMP software offers easy integration with SAS, R, Excel and other programs.
SAS announced the new releases today at DIA 2012, a conference for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.
JMP is a business unit of SAS, established in 1989 to create interactive software for desktop discovery analytics. John Sall, SAS co-founder and Executive Vice President, also heads the JMP business unit.
SAS Institute er markedsledende business analytics-udbyder og den største uafhængige spiller påbusiness intelligence-markedet. Vores innovative løsninger hjælper kunder på mere end 70.000 lokationer med at levere værdi og forbedre deres performance ved træffe bedre beslutninger hurtigere. SAS har givet virksomheder verden over THE POWER TO KNOW® siden 1976.