Power in Numbers
Celebrate the International Year of Statistics – and discover what can happen when the possibilities add up.
At SAS, our technology solutions can solve big problems and affect lives in small – but significant – ways. It’s the same with statistics. Everything from predicting the weather to protecting your heath can boil down to a numbers game, and that’s why SAS is rallying around the International Year of Statistics. We’ll explore fresh angles on the topic, such as:
More than anything, we’re out to prove that statistics are fascinating, fundamental – and a big part of our future. It’s shaping up to be an insightful year. Let’s make it count.
- SAS blogger on statistics, big data and simplicity (May 21, 2013)
- Box & Lucas: Designed experiments for nonlinear models (May 20, 2013)
- Celebrating George Box and Box-Behnken designs (May 13, 2013)
- Discovering and celebrating statistics (May 10, 2013)
- SAS loves stats: Mark Bailey (May 8, 2013)
- Celebrating statisticians: George E.P. Box (May 6, 2013)
- SAS goes big in Texas at INFORMS 2013 (May 3, 2013)
- 2013 is all about statistics! (May 1, 2013)
- The role of statistics in the top public health achievements of the 20th century (April 15, 2013)
- SAS loves stats: Di Michelson (April 12, 2013)
- Statistics in high school?! (April 9, 2013)
- Celebrating statisticians: More on Gertrude Cox (April 3, 2013)
- Celebrating statisticians: Gertrude Cox (April 1, 2013)
- Why JMP users love statistics (March 18, 2013)
- Box score analytics: the secret to the Final Four (March 19, 2013)
- Jerome Cornfield: The statistician who established risk factors for lung cancer and heart disease (March 18, 2013)
- What is statistics and why should we care? (Quarter one, 2013)
- Construct normal data from summary statistics (March 11, 2013)
- We don’t need another hero ... or do we? (March 6, 2013)
- Celebrating Statisticians: J. Stuart Hunter (March 4, 2013)
- A better than median year (February 15, 2013)
- Documenting statistics: A trip down memory lane (February 13, 2013)
- McDonald’s is anything but average with analytics (January 16, 2013)
- Celebrating statisticians: Florence Nightingale (February 4, 2013)
- Getting started in the year of statistics (January 23, 2013)
- Stat Wars goes Hollywood (January 15, 2013)
- Why statistics is essential (January 14, 2013)
- How to handle percent (%) values in SAS (January 9, 2013)
- The Year of Statistics Is Here – Now Celebrate! (January 3, 2013)
- Celebrating statisticians: Ronald A. Fisher (January 7, 2013)
- Using statistics to help you... get dressed (January 4, 2013)
- 12 Tips for SAS Statistical Programmers (January 3, 2013)
- A year for statistics (January 2, 2013)
- Warming up for the International Year of Statistics with some “statistique à la française” on the Nobel Prize winners (December 19, 2012)
- It’s war… Stat Wars! (December 11, 2012)
- Russ Wolfinger elected 2012 AAAS Fellow (December 5, 2012)
- Hunter and Salsburg on how statistics has evolved (October 15, 2012)
Get the statistical software information kit.
We’ve bundled our most popular statistical fact sheets with an instructional video about constructing and recording variables.
Subscribe to SAS Statistics and Operations Research News.
This monthly newsletter includes technical highlights, statistical examples and online resources.
Statistics Procedures Community
Join in our statistics procedures community, where you can ask questions and share your experiences with SAS statistical products.