- Use of cardiovascular equipment.
- Use of strength training equipment (you will also need to complete a Personal Training Request form – available from the RFC).
- Use of the natatorium (you will also need to complete an Aquatics Policy form – available from the RFC).
- Participation in aerobic classes or any structured sports programs.
- Participation in a Wellness Profile or any other programs as indicated.
What is a Health Check?
A health check is a brief medical clearance exam required before you can use the RFC. This 15-minute exam includes a health history, vital signs, heart and lung check and a hernia check. To schedule an appointment for a health check, contact Health Care Center #1 (919-531-8809) or Health Care Center #2 (919-531-9909).
Who is Eligible for a Health Check?
All SAS employees and dependents covered by SAS Health Plan insurance are eligible to have a health check done at the Health Care Center. Summer students, although not covered by the SAS Health Plan, may also have a health check done at the Health Care Center for RFC participation only. All other employees and dependents must have their personal physicians complete a Medical Evaluation form(PDF).
E-mail the Recreation and Fitness Center team for assistance with these services.