Adoption Services and Support Network
Resources, services and support are available for employees interested in exploring domestic or international adoption and for those already parenting an adopted child. These services include:
- Direct consultation with a SAS adoption consultant.
- Assistance navigating community resources and developing relationships.
- Educational seminars.
- Adoption distribution list providing a link to a helpful and knowledgeable network of SAS employees who have adopted or are in the process of adopting.
- Adoption resource notebook providing information about each step of the adoption process.
- Adoption mentoring program.
- Extensive up-to-date library resources, including books, videos, audio-book and brochures.
E-mail the SAS Work/Life team for assistance with any of these services.
Adoption Mentoring Program
The Adoption Mentoring Program provides adoptive parents the opportunity to help each other through the process of adopting and raising adopted children. Mentors (those who have adopted) will guide buddies (those considering or going through the adoption process) through the early stages of the adoption process. Adoptive parents can also use this network of parents to seek support as questions arise in raising their adopted children.